Graham Johnson's Paramount Hockey Camps
Registration for 2020 Open Soon!
(Contact Coach Johnson with any special requests)
Week 1: July 27-31, 2020 - (Mites, Squirts, Pee Wee/Bantams)
Week 2: August 3-7, 2020 - (Mites, Squirts, Pee Wee/Bantams)
Week 3: August 10-14, 2020 - (Mites, Squirts, Pee Wee/Bantams)
*Paramount Hockey Camps are designed for players of all ages seeking to improve their skills and understanding of the game.
- Register before April 1
- Before 4/1: Mite $220, Squirt, PeeWee, Bantam $295
- Multi-week Cost: Mite $205, Squirt, PeeWee, Bantam $270
- Sibling Discount: Mite $205, Squirt, PeeWee, Bantam $270
- Register after April 1
- After 4/1: Mite $270, Squirt, PeeWee, Bantam $325
- Multi-week Cost: Mite $220, Squirt, PeeWee, Bantam $295
- Sibling Discount: Mite $220, Squirt, PeeWee, Bantam $295
Head Hockey Coach, Graham Johnson
Johnson spent five seasons on staff with Division I programs at Massachusetts, American International College, and Quinnipiac. He also coached at Division III Hamilton for two seasons, helping the Continentals to a combined 29-16-6 record and the 2011 NESCAC Regular Season Championship. At the junior hockey level, Johnson also served as the head coach and general manager of the Connecticut Nighthawks and was an assistant and interim head coach with the Des Moines Buccaneers. Johnson graduated from the University of Rhode Island with his bachelor's degree in psychology. While at URI, he was a four-year member of the highly-successful club hockey team from 2003-07. He helped the Rams to the 2006 ACHA Division I National Championship and a top-five ranking each year. The team went 139-18-6 (.871) in his four seasons, including 55-1 in league play, as he scored 53 points on 10 goals and 43 assists in 116 games as a defenseman.
Camp Daily ItineraryMite:
- 2 - 3 p.m. On ice
- 3 - 3:30 p.m. Off ice
- 3:30 - 4:30 p.m. On ice
- 9:30 - 10:45 a.m. On ice
- 11 a.m. - 12:15 p.m. Off ice
- 12:30 - 1:45 p.m. On ice
- 8:00 a.m. - 9:15 a.m. On ice
- 9:30 a.m. - 10:45 a.m. Off ice
- 11:00 a.m. - 12:15 p.m. On ice
Instructions On Ice
- High Tempo Drills: Training players to execute in game-like conditions.
- Skill Development: Training focused on basic and sophisticated individual skills.
- Small Area Games/Drills: Used worldwide to improve elite hockey players, select situation drills will increase players' skills and grasp of strategy in a way that utilizes the key element of fun. Small game drills increase the frequency of players' handling the puck in game situations, which conventional scrimmages do not provide.
Instructions Off Ice
Speed and strength conditioning, stick training, coordination games.
Specialized individual goalkeeper training will be provided per session.
MSOE Hockey Camps are held in the Kern Center, MSOE's 210,000-square-foot health, wellness, fitness and recreation facility. The hockey rink is located on the lower level.
Drop-off/ Snack /Pick-up Information
Parents may pick-up and drop-off in the front of the Kern Center. Parking information will be mailed upon registration. Be sure to pack a snack.
- All campers are responsible for bringing their own equipment and it should be in good repair.
- Each camper will receive an MSOE Hockey Camp Jersey. Multiple-week campers will only receive one jersey.
- Skate sharpening, laces and tape are available for purchase.
Campers must have their own health insurance. Each camper must complete a medical history and liability release form. The medical history form will be mailed/emailed with confirmation. Be sure to download the medical history form and mail it in with your registration. Under no circumstances may a camper participate without completing these forms.
Confirmation / Refunds / Event Cancellations
Registration confirmation will be emailed prior to the start of the camp. Confirmation will include a medical form and more camp specifics. Both the medical form and the liability form must be completed in order to participate. No refunds will be given unless accompanied by an authorized doctor's notice. In the event of a camp cancellation, campers will be notified one week prior to the start of the camp and a full refund will be processed.